Thursday, May 19, 2005

if you take the 2 S's out of SFSU, what do you get?

i have a story to tell... this just happened to one of my friends, not me, but it's worthy for the blog. so, my friend went over to school to turn in some final work... her department office was locked because of a "meeting" so she went looking for a faculty or staff member to unlock it.

as she meandered down the hallway trying to locate someone, she was discouraged to find most of the windows on the office doors were covered up with paper so she could not see in. one door however (belonging to the chair of the department) had paper put brilliantly over the window on the outside... which of course made it possible to be removed by someone in the hallway. my friend tore the paper down and saw the chair of her department diligently typing away on her computer (nice "meeting" -- hey, side note here, my mom has worked in higher education since i was a kid, i know what "meeting" really means when it comes to college administrators. us young people call it "hanging out").

anyways, with the window cover paper, and her pathetic excuse for hiding from students, now removed, my friend knocked on her door. wooosh! she hit the deck! yep, you heard me, she flew from her chair underneath her desk in an attempt to shield herself from anyone trying to get a hold of her. now why would the chair of a department do that? she hit the frickin deck people! the chair of a department crouched in a little ball on the floor in order to avoid whomever would possibily be knocking at her door.

slowly, like a cartoon character as my friend describes, this lady peeked out over her keyboard from underneath the safety of her desk. luckily, before her little bugged-out eyes could slink away again, my friend flipped her the bird.

moral of this story: if you take the 2 S's out of SFSU, what do you get? a big FU

1 comment:

Jenny said...

please please please don't tell me this was our department....and if it was, please tell me you have pictures... ;)