Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Word of the day - Wednesday

so, today's word is FLAKE. this word is NOT meant for any one person in particular today... i SWEAR! it's just a general mention of the concept and really meant for everyone, all of you, you know who you are, that just happen to be flaking right now. everyone has completely valid reasons for flaking of course... school, work, needing to clean, commuting struggles, dying their hair, whatever... and that is totally fine.

it's just that the stars have aligned in such a way that EVERYONE (super close friends along with some not-so-close friends even) have been flaking on me. i don't blame any of you individually and i'm not really that upset. you didn't know everyone else was flaking on me too! it's ok. a girl's allowed to bitch every now and again.

how many times in one day can a person say "it's ok, things come up, i totally understand. don't worry about it." well, i have officially decided that 4 times in 24 hours is my maximum.

and after reviewing the true definition of flake, i am reminded yet again how much slang i use every day that i don't even realize is slang.

darn san diego... it sets this standard where other regional language puts a harsh on my mellow!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, now I'm totally panicked that I forgot about some plan we had to do something...if so, it was totally unintended flakitude, I swear! My degree of flakiocity is relatively low, and I try to keep my flaking to a minimum. Can I flake it, er, make it up to you?

*hug*

Anonymous said...

Wow, this has to be the one time being in norway actually works on my behalf...i can't be flakin' on my best friend when im halfway around the world now, can i??
:)