Thursday, January 18, 2007

what to blog about

so i'm sitting here deciding what to blog about and i realized something... have you noticed that all week my posts have been random pictures or random news articles? that's because my day to day life is not exciting anymore. like everyone else in this world who has fallen into "this is what i have to do to live" mode, i go to work every day. i sit in an office all day long.

i don't have funny quotes to blog, i don't have pictures of my life anymore because i don't take any pictures of my desk. it's not even *my* desk. it is just some desk that i sit at every day all day long.

i ride my bike to work, that's lovely, the people there are very nice, that makes the day bearable, but i don't get to have any more daily adventures. i could tell you exactly how my day will be tomorrow before it even happens... it's that predicable. so, i apologize in advance if my posts are only mildly interesting and not really about me. maybe my blog should turn into a "weekend blog" until i get my own exciting adventuresome life back?

5 comments:

JM said...

Lets do something news worthy for next week's lunch club.

How about a pizza eating contest? Sitting in on a class in some random department and pretend we are students, steal an x-ray machine from a hospital (they sell well on eBay), shoot stoners from bushes with an airsoft gun.

These are just ideas. I don't profess to have a handle on work life, but the little things done out of the ordinary can sustain one's self for a period of time.

You are also welcome to come visit my office any time. I have a fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker, a coffee grinder and so much more which you can use. Think about the possibilities.

J

Monolog said...

and you've only been working how long??? the grass is always greener babe...

Monolog said...

and lest we forget...when has there been a Mon-Tor chat that hasn't been anything less than rip roaring fun????

LOVE YA!!!!!!

Torrey said...

M -- the grass is never greener on the side of the hill where "the man" stands. and yes, our chats usually make my whole day! :)

J -- you give me inspiration to wake up every morning. ;) the pretending to be students thing is a must... maybe we can have our pizza eating contest IN the lecture hall!?

Anonymous said...

I like how this goes under label: "deep thoughts"