Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Yes, my friends, it's already April

I have such mixed feeling about it being April... most of them are good feelings, but there are a few apprehensive feelings in there too. I'm thrilled that summer is getting closer, and I'm excited about a little vacation Dave and I are going to take next week.

But, I'm turning 30 this month and... eeeeek! It's scary. I guess it's not really too scary, and probably a lot less scarier than I thought it would be. Still, I can't say I'm glad I'm turning 30. I'm sure it won't be bad, but I'm not going to pretend I'm happy about it.

Would some of the rest of you please turn 30 already!? Then it wouldn't feel so weird over here in 30-land!

Oh, and, happy new month, happy birthday little homeson, and happy April Fools Day. May you not have a joke played on you. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a 51 year old, I can attest without equivocation that every birthday from 30 on gets better and better. All that 20 something angst disappears - and your purpose, drive, contentment and sense of self in the world increase as does your ability to throw chaff to the wind and gather in what matters. I give thirty & beyond my highest recommendation. LSA

Jenny said...

hey, i'm 30! it's not all that bad!!! just think of what you have to look forward to this year -- starting a new graduate school, getting married, moving to europe. it's going to be a great year!!!