Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Four years later and he's still stepping on my toes...

It was exactly four years ago today that my dear Dave took a risk and flew down to San Diego to meet me. Upon our very first hug, he ever so awkwardly stepped on my toes (I was wearing flip flops at the time). Little did I know he'd be stepping on my feet for the rest of my life.


Because we were celebrating FOUR years, we decided to go play miniature golf. (Don't worry, I've told the FORE! joke a few times already. Get it, fore/four? Sorry. Lame.) Anyway, In the Netherlands minigolf called "midget golf" which is slightly offensive I guess, but kind of funny. It was a glorious warm summer evening... perfect for hanging out in the park.


We were "welcomed" to the first hole with some lovely flowers.


Dave was ready to go! He was sure he was going to beat me... do you think he did?


I call him "Mr. Rules." Who me?


Good thing I've got some skills and I make my own rules!!!


Dave clears some sticks out of his way.



And the cute little Amstel Park train chugs on by in the background!


Now for the totals... it was a tie! A real, bona fide tie (I define bona fide very loosely, but we did actually tie). A perfect way to end an anniversary game of miniature golf. : )


We even got to have dessert BEFORE dinner! Now that's a celebration.


4 comments:

SFSairy said...

You both are so cute - happy 4 years! : )

Jenn said...

sometimes you have to live on the edge.

Monolog said...

suuuuper cute! happy anniversary!

lynae said...

Where's Dave's beard!?!!? Hahahaha!!