Friday, July 17, 2009

One thing I will miss...

I have decided that this bakery, Vlaamsch Broodhuys, is one of the things I am going to miss the most when we don't live in Amsterdam anymore. It has recently become my favorite, and I feel like it will be hard to find bread this good when I'm back in California.

It might be possible to get something that comes very close, but this place makes a certain kind of bread that has an onion, honey and goat cheese mixture inside! I know it sounds strange, but it's divine.

2 comments:

Monolog said...

Good, fresh Norwegian bread constantly comes up as the food item I miss most. I am sure you will miss this place but as Gerd Marit always says, that is the motivation to learn to make bread at home!

Suzette Prins. said...

honey, goat cheese, onion.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! i want some!