Tuesday, December 01, 2009

December, what does it mean?

Why do I love the first of the month so much? I don't really know. Maybe it's because I get to turn the calendar page and see a new picture? Maybe it's because a fresh new month is like a tabula rasa... I get to have fresh hopes and dreams for what the new month will bring? Either way, whatever the reason, whenever a new month comes around it invigorates me.

However, this month is extra special. Why, you ask? Well, it's December 2009! In this month we celebrate our one year anniversary of living in Amsterdam. And, in this month we are also saying goodbye to Amsterdam and returning to California.

As our final weeks here slip away I am starting to feel slightly mixed about leaving (as opposed to last month where I wasn't feeling mixed at all... I was ready to leave). However, more than any other feeling I am excited to escape the daunting Amsterdam winter and return to our families, friends and Mexican food back at home. We'll be soaking up the warmth and sunshine in less than 4 weeks!
 

No comments: