Friday, October 01, 2010

October, my favorite month

Happy new month, my faithful blog readers! October is my favorite month and I'm so excited it's here! Let's run down why it's such a great time of year.

Well, in general I simply love fall, but fall has many stages. In September things are still cooling down from summer, and in November things can start to feel more wintery as Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations seem to go up earlier and earlier. But, in October things are just right. The leaves are changing, the weather is cooling down and my absolute favorite holiday is upon us... Halloween. There are very few things that please me the way that the combination of candy and small adorable children in costumes can. Also, I love dressing up. This year I am going to go as Juno! It seemed like a natural pregnancy costume for me.

Specifically this year, October is a very exciting month for us because we have a lot going on. I've entered the third trimester of my pregnancy, so we just started in on the home stretch. Plus, we begin our child birth prep classes this month! Egads.

My brother is visiting us over this first weekend, good friends of ours are getting married in the second weekend, we will be in San Diego during the third weekend for my out-of-town baby shower, and we're hosting our own non-traditional co-ed baby shower at the end of the month here in the Bay Area... with a Halloween theme of course.


Here's to my favorite month of the year!
 

No comments: